Wednesday 1 June 2016

Onwards to the thing that makes you sing!



So two years ago after my initial OMG what do I do next moment. I realised some things.


  •  Less is often more :)
  •  Consumerism sucks
  •  I eat too much meat
  •  Smoking is a crutch
  •  Booze tricks the wisest monks.

After learning these things one soon understands that's the easy part. The hard part is remembering that is what you think when you really need to think it :) Addiction is a bitch! 

So phase 1 was to take little steps each day and slowly become a brand new me! IF ONLY it were that simple! 

Friday nights were mega hard. The last thing you want do is go to the gym when everyone else is partying because,well Friday! I had brainwashed myself into thinking I was a lesser person if I didn't go out on a Friday, which of course I was, well after a few months anyway! 

It's also about figuring what else to do instead. I tried running, nope hated it, I tried cycling- may return to this but not right now. Walking! Love a good walk and its free!!!! Yes!!! No.1 thing on my list WALK. 

Then I tried kayaking.....Oh kayaking No.2, I tried this at a local inner city reservoir http://castlecanoeclub.co.uk/ I signed up for a years membership and went twice a week. Pretty decent price of around £60 for the year. The  The location is a hidden gem. Such a beautiful place to watch the sunset but the effort involved in kayaking highlighted my lack of fitness. I used to do this as a kid and love it. Now I couldn't pull myself out of the stupid boat. My anxiety crept in and gave me excuses as to why I shouldn't go. So I told them to shove off and continued my watery quest and some extremely embarrassing boat exit moments,which involved my friend pushing and pulling my lardy arse out of said boat on numerous occasions. I vowed to strengthen those upper body muscles. The fact that I could not pull myself out of the swimming pool is a bit worrying. An important life safety skill worth developing me thinks! x 



No comments:

Post a Comment