Tuesday 8 January 2013

First steps

Thursday morning the phone rang. It was a call from heaven and I managed to get myself in for a trial day at my local gym. When I used to go three years ago I loved it but getting there was a pain. After about six months I hardly went at all. So I grabbed my towel and headed to the gym. I did an hours work out. It killed me but did I feel better hell yeah! Later that evening I got a call from a local gym called More Fit as I had left a message about a free session not really knowing much about it. The guy booked me in to come in for a session the next day.

Friday morning and I wake up smiling, not felt like that in a while. I get dressed in my joggers and huge sports bra, literally my best friend when running. I listen to some music in the morning and dance about my room. Seratonine fills me with glee! Then at 12 I go off to the session. I am greeted by a personal trainer. He sticks me on the treadmill to warm up for 5 minutes while he tidies up. After we discuss my health,diet and fitness. He was keen to get me started and clearly positive that if you put the effort in then you will get results. The only draw back was I could not afford the fees. However, I can start to change my attitude and belief about food and nutrition. New mantra. Food is fuel. Water is good!

Each day I plan to update with ways to try and live a more healthy existence and not break the bank! Surely with a bit of resourcefulness it must be possible!!!!! I now have to depart for my first free fitness session in my local park.

The problem with the inner critic is that it always finds an excuse not to do something even if it's just making it up.

An example of a conversation between my positive self and my inner critic

me: come on get up

Inner critic: no its too comfy here

me: but you'll feel better after

Inner critic: Nah ....look at the weather..... too cold.

me: Bitch, get the fuck up!

Inner critic: Okay,okay fine...... but do you think it will be on? It is quite cold out.

me: Shut up!stop worrying. Just do it.

Inner critic: Huffs and puffs like an angry teenager and gets up with tail between legs

No comments:

Post a Comment