Sunday 6 January 2013

Time for a change of outlook

It's new year usually I'm not one that's up for the new year resolution tripe society feeds us though a variety of media but for me its a time of change. Not only is it a new year but I have just recently quit my job as a teacher. I did this for a number of reasons but mainly because what was required of me was beginning to effect my mental well being and overall health. I taught at an inner city primary school for three years and a half years, not particularly long but it has felt like forever and its taken it's toll on my body and soul. That's not to say I have not gained valuable experience but with it I have also gained three stone in weight since I started and that averages out to a stone a year slowly creeping up and me too engrossed in trying to do a good job that I didn't really notice that the job was becoming my life and life was my job. I'll try hard not to go into the nitty gritty of the trials and tribulations of an overwhelmed inner city teacher as this is not the main focus of why I'm writing, though it has brought me to where I am today and so forgive me if I may indulge in a few stories here and there to set the scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment